After a successful and COVID-19 free Summer 2020 at Crestwood Valley Day Camp, we are excited to welcome both return and new families for another fun and safe Summer 2021!
Crestwood Valley Day Camp follows the Ontario Ministry of Health / Toronto Public Health Covid-19 Guidance for Day Camps.
Below are the steps we take to ensure a safe environment for all campers and staff members:
- Campers are in cohorts of no more than 15 campers plus staff
- Cohorts cannot mix with other cohorts
- Masks must be worn indoors
- Cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched surfaces multiple times throughout the day, such as doorknobs, light switches, and bathrooms.
- Promoting regular, proper hand washing and hand hygiene.
- Ensuring all equipment and supplies used are made of a material that can be cleaned, and cleaning of these items are carried out frequently, and after each cohort use.
- Physical distancing of at least 2 metres between cohorts, with the aid of floor markings and signs.
- Staggering lunchtime to reduce the number of campers and staff underneath the lunch tent.
- Maximizing outdoor activities to ensure the health and safety of all campers and staff – All 4 heated, salt water swimming pools are outdoors.
- Screening of all individuals, including campers, staff, parents/guardians, and visitors upon arrival before entering the camp.
- Training all staff on COVID-19 prevention procedures in accordance with Public Health guidelines.
- Ensuring that staff and campers do not come to camp if they are sick or showing any symptoms of COVID-19. They must contact Telehealth or a Healthcare Professional and follow their guidance – a negative COVID-19 test result may be required before returning to camp.
- If a camper or staff member is showing signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during the camp day, they will be isolated and monitored by a Registered Nurse in the camp Health Centre, and will require immediate pick-up (within 1 hour).
- If there is a positive case of COVID-19 detected at camp, Toronto Public Health would advise Crestwood on next steps, isolating campers, cleaning and disinfection and contact tracing procedures. An immediate communication would be sent to affected families and staff.
As new guidance and protocols are provided by the Ministry of Health and/or Toronto Public Health, we will update our protocols and communicate these changes to our Crestwood families and staff.